Welcome to the johngorka.com website! I am out doing shows at the moment and hope to be home soon. This is my general condition. I love playing music and am grateful that I’ve gotten to do this for a living for so many years. I realize this site needs updating and I hope to learn how to do that myself someday. I am more interested in working on new songs, recording and retrieving older songs these days as well as exploring the electric guitar world. Thank you for visiting and please sign up below for my occasional news letters. I won’t abuse your email address. Facebook makes sense to me and you can find a link on the left side of this page. Have fun in the real world, John Gorka
High Standards, Low Overhead and Realistic Expectations
Top Ten for 2012 (in no particular order)
1. World did not end on December 21.
2. Safe landing of Mars rover “Curiosity”.
3. Returned to Lithuania for the Tai-Asch Festival’s 10th anniversary.
4. Returned to the Netherlands and played in new places including Rotterdam and Joosland.
5. Traveled with the G# guitar and got first tube amp, a 1970 Fender Bronco.
6. Multiple shows with Red Horse, Antje Duvekot, Rose Cousins, Lynn Miles and Michael Johnson.
7. Judy Collins’ memoir “Sweet Judy Blue Eyes”.
8. Learned that sitting is the worst position for your health — (so I’m writing this lying down).
9. Learned that none of us is alone, having trillions of microbes inside and out.
10. The gospel music documentary “Rejoice and Shout”.
11. 25th anniversary of my first record “I Know”.
12. Started working once again with Rob Genadek on my 12th record.
13. A venue used someone else’s photo on a John Gorka show poster.
14. People keep coming to the shows and I keep having fun.
15. Probable discovery of the Higgs-Boson particle.
16. Other habitable planets may be closer than we thought and hoping Earth remains one.